Housing stabilization helps adults with disabilities and/or seniors find and maintain housing. The program is funded through Medicaid, and is designed to serve participants who:

  • Are 18 years of age or older
  • Have a Medical Assistance (MA)
  • Have a disability
    • The disability does not have to meet Social Security's adult standards for 'disability'.  Disabilities can include physical disabilities, mental illness, substance use disorder, and other conditions
  • Are you in one of the following situations
    • Experiencing homelessness
    • At risk of homelessness (including being doubled up, needing services to keep your housing, or you experienced homelessness in the past and now are being discharged from a correctional, medical, mental health, or substance use disorder treatment center without a permanent place to live)
    • Moving out of (or moved out of in the last six months) an institution, nursing facility, or certain other group settings like Board and Lodge or Adult Foster Care, or
    • At risk of institutionalization
  • Have been assessed to need help with at least one of these disability-related areas:
    • Communication
    • Mobility
    • Decision-making, or
    • Managing moods or behaviors
  • And not be getting similar services from other programs, like Moving Home MN's transition services, Assertive Community Treatment, or Relocation Service Coordination.


Contact Information

For more information on services, please call our Grand Rapids office at (218) 999-9908