Adolescent Females ~ Age Group: 16 to 21st Birthday
Winnie Sisu and Hawkins Home are transitional residential programs that specialize in working with females who have experienced or are at risk of experiencing sexual exploitation, though we are able to serve youth without increased risk levels at Hawkins Home. Gender non-binary and transgendered youth are also able to be served in this program.
Our programs assist residents in building the independent living skills they need as they begin their journey into young adulthood. With a focus on access to trauma-informed and client-centered care, residents receive services tailored to their individual needs and goals. At the completion of the program, residents are equipped with the skills necessary for a successful transition into independent living.
Specific programming components and services are offered based on the identified needs of clients as they enter and progress through programming. Licensed by the Minnesota Department of Human Services, Winnie Sisu and Hawkins Home clients have access to services provided by North Homes continuum of care, as well as other community-based resources and supports.
- Daily independent living skills-focused groups
- One-on-one skills coaching
- Opportunities for recreation, leisure, and community outings
- Vocational services to help residents prepare for and secure employment
- Access to community-based supports including mental health counseling, psychiatric medication management, chemical dependency services, sexual assault advocacy, spiritual and cultural services, medical and dental care, and educational services through ISD #31
To make a referral for Winnie Sisu and Hawkins Home transitional residential programming, call (218) 327-3000.