North Homes Children and Family Services is licensed by the Minnesota Department of Human Services as a resource for foster care. Children and their families benefit from foster homes that are willing to be supportive, mentoring and caring. By providing children and adolescents in need with a nurturing family home, we are able to provide children the least restrictive, most appropriate setting to address their needs.
North Homes has approximately 150 licensed therapeutic foster homes throughout the state of Minnesota. Each licensed foster home is assigned a case manager who supports both the providers and the youth in care.
Additional components include
- Supportive case managers who are available 24 hours a day
- Personalized case management with frequent face-to-face visits
- Individualized staffing meetings every 90 days with the child’s entire treatment team
- Easy access to North Homes Children and Family Services’ full continuum of support
- Careful placement considerations determined by the individual needs of the each child
- Access to respite care hours
- Frequent training regarding foster care specific topics
- Assigned Licensor to each foster home
For further information on becoming a foster provider or placing a foster child in one of our NHCFS foster homes, please call:
Bemidji (218) 751-0282
Grand Rapids (218) 327-3000
Duluth (218) 733-3000