There are over 900 youth looking for their forever home. Let us help you find a home for children in need.
What is Child-Specific Recruitment (CSR)
North Homes can provide child-specific recruitment (CSR) services to find a permanency option for a specific youth or sibling group in foster care. Child-specific recruitment services are free and may be used once a county or Tribal social service agency has exhausted routine activity efforts. Through this process, our recruiter actively works with the youth’s treatment team and involves the youth when developmentally appropriate. Child-specific recruitment services are available for youth under State or Tribal guardianship, ages 6 to 18, and sibling groups being placed together where the oldest youth is age 6 or older. These services may be extended to youth, ages 18 to 21, provided that PPAI recruitment services began prior to the youth’s 18th birthday, and the youth remained in foster care.
Recruitment Activities may include:
- Presentation at North Homes Adoption and Foster Care staff meetings.
- Presentation of children via email on statewide adoption listserve
- Presentation at various adoption matching events
- Referral for Heart Gallery photoshoot
- Referral to Real Hope.
- Develop a Lifebook
- Participation in recruitment events.
- Matching with a mentor
- Identification of important people from youth's past, and exploration of their potential to be adoptive resources.
All information shared on youth will be individually determined per the permanency team.
Bemidji (218) 751-0282
Grand Rapids (218) 327-3000
Duluth (218) 733-3000