Residential Treatment Cottage
The Cottage is a therapeutic living environment for adolescents, ages 12-18, diagnosed with Serious Emotional Disability (SED). Programming is strength-based, preparing youth to be successful to return to their home, community, and school. Along with assistance from North Homes staff, youth and their families will set goals together to support change and healing within their relationships.
Licensed by the Minnesota Department of Human Services, The Cottage provides a caring, safe, and healthy living environment. The Cottage is staffed by mental health practitioners and professionals 24-hours a day, ensuring that youth have access to treatment, supervision, and support when they need it most.
- Supportive family integration
- Family visits and phone calls
- Daily therapeutic and psycho-educational groups
- Strength based, individualized treatment
- Cultural education, activities and advocacy
- Structured daily recreation and leisure activities
- Trauma Focused Care
- Immediate mental health support in a home-like atmosphere
- On site health screening and interventions
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Skills Groups
- Access to other supports through our North Homes continuum of care
Contact Information: To make a referral for the Residential Treatment Cottage, call
Grand Rapids: (218) 327-3000