Residential Treatment Cottage
The Cottage is a therapeutic living environment for adolescents, ages 12-18, diagnosed with Serious Emotional Disability (SED). The program is strength-based and together with assistance from North Homes staff, the student and his or her family will set individualized goals that will support change and healing within their relationships. Additionally, goals will focus on preparing the student to be successful when they return to their home, community, and school. Licensed by the Minnesota Department of Human Services, the Cottage provides a caring, safe and healthy living environment. Staffed by mental health practitioners and professionals 24 hours a day, youth receive treatment, supervision and support the moment they need it most.
- Supportive family integration
- Family visits and phone calls
- Daily therapeutic and psycho-educational groups
- Strength based, individualized treatment
- Cultural education, activities and advocacy
- Structured daily recreation and leisure activities
- Trauma Focused Care
- Immediate mental health support in a home like atmosphere
- On site health screening and interventions
- DBT Skills Groups
- Individualized supports through the North Homes Children and Family Services continuum of care.
Contact Information: To make a referral for the Residential Treatment Cottage, call
Grand Rapids: (218) 327-3000